Newberry Correctional Facility, MI: Inmate Search, Visitations and Contact Information.
- Michigan Department of Correction
- Postal Code
- Luce County
- Phone Number
- State Prison
- 3001 Newberry Avenue, Newberry, MI, 49868
- Official Website
Newberry Correctional Facility is a state facility in the Newberry, Luce County state of Michigan. Michigan State facility has a total capacity of 814 inmates. Michigan State facility comprises detainees who have committed violent crimes serving a sentence of 5 to 8 years.
The purpose of Newberry Correctional Facility is to ensure Michigan State Prison’s staff, inmates, and Michigan public is safe, and to enable detainees at Michigan State facility to change positively. Michigan State detention center has 3 dormitory-style units and 44 cells for Michigan State inmates who are risky to their colleagues.
Michigan Department of Correction (website) is in charge of Newberry Correctional Facility; hence there are procedures to follow when you visit the prisoner at Michigan State correction facility. In addition, Michigan State prisoners can make calls through calling cards and be visited by outsiders.
Inmate Search in Newberry Correctional Facility?
To find prisoners in the Newberry Correctional Facility, you’ll need to follow these instructions:
- Obtain data: To search for the Michigan State inmate, you will need their full name given and last and, if possible, their inmate identification number. The identification number is specific to each prisoner and can make the search process much quicker and more accurate.
- Visit the Michigan Department of Correction’s website: http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2.aspx
- Use the offender locator: On the website, look for an “Inmate Search” feature.
- Enter the required details: Once you have navigated to the offender locator, input the prisoner’s given and last name, and if available, their inmate identification number.
- Review the search results: The search should provide you with a list of inmates matching the data you provided.
If you have trouble finding the Michigan State inmate or need additional assistance, consider contacting the Michigan Department of Correction or the Newberry Correctional Facility personally for more support.
How Can You Visit an Inmate in Newberry Correctional Facility?
To visit an inmate at Newberry Correctional Facility, you must download, fill and print the Michigan State Prison visitation form https://www.michigan.gov/-/media/Project/Websites/corrections/assets/Folder10/CAJ-103_MDOC_Visiting_Application-pdf.pdf?rev=e85fb723a21b405d8d6b1bb3dd78da2e. Access to Michigan State detention facility is allowed after approval, which takes 3 weeks. People under the age of 18 years can only visit the Michigan State detainees under the control of the detention center’s guardian.
Visitations at Newberry Correctional Facility occur at:
Saturday — 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday — 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
How Can You Contact Newberry Correctional Facility?
To contact the Newberry Correctional Facility, MI, visit their office at 3001 Newberry Avenue, Newberry, MI, 49868 during the weekdays from 8 in the morning to 2in the evening, make a phone call at 906-293-6200 or visit their official website for more information about the detainees.
Michigan Inmate Search
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.