Straits Correctional Facility, MI: Inmate Search, Visitations and Contact Information.
- Michigan Department of Correction
- Postal Code
- Chippewa County
- Phone Number
- State Prison
- 4387 W. M-80, Kincheloe, MI, 49785
Straits Correctional Facility is a state facility in the Kincheloe, Chippewa County state of Michigan. Michigan State facility has a total capacity of 1120 inmates. Michigan State detention facility comprises offenders who have committed violent crimes serving a sentence of 5 to 12 years.
The purpose of Straits Correctional Facility is to ensure Michigan State Prison’s staff, detainees, and Michigan public is safe, and to enable inmates at Michigan State correction facility to change positively. Michigan State detention facility has 3 dormitory-style units and 39 cells for Michigan State detainees who are risky to their colleagues.
Michigan Department of Correction (website) is in charge of Straits Correctional Facility; hence there are procedures to follow when you visit the prisoner at Michigan State detention facility. In addition, Michigan State offenders can make calls through calling cards and be visited by outsiders.
Inmate Search in Straits Correctional Facility?
To find offenders in the Straits Correctional Facility, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Gather information: To search for the Michigan State inmate, you will need their full name first and last and, if possible, their prisoner identification number. The identification number is specific to each inmate and can make the search process much faster and more accurate.
- Visit the Michigan Department of Correction’s site: http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2.aspx
- Use the offender locator: On the site, look for an “Offender Locator” feature.
- Enter the required details: Once you have navigated to the inmate locator, input the inmate’s given and family name, and if available, their prisoner identification number.
- Examine the search results: The search should provide you with a list of offenders matching the information you provided.
If you have difficulty finding the Michigan State inmate or need more assistance, consider contacting the Michigan Department of Correction or the Straits Correctional Facility directly for more help.
How Can You Visit an Inmate in Straits Correctional Facility?
To visit an inmate at Straits Correctional Facility, you must download, fill and print the Michigan State Prison visitation form https://www.michigan.gov/-/media/Project/Websites/corrections/assets/Folder10/CAJ-103_MDOC_Visiting_Application-pdf.pdf?rev=e85fb723a21b405d8d6b1bb3dd78da2e. Access to Michigan State detention facility is allowed after approval, which takes 2 weeks. People under the age of 16 years can only visit the Michigan State prisons under the control of the facility’s guardian.
Visitations at Straits Correctional Facility occur at:
Saturday — 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday — 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
How Can You Contact Straits Correctional Facility?
To contact the Straits Correctional Facility, MI, visit their office at 4387 W. M-80, Kincheloe, MI, 49785 during the weekdays from 10 in the morning to 2in the evening, make a phone call at 906-495-5674 or visit their official website for more data about the offenders.
Michigan Inmate Search
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.